Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Haha, I'm so glad I found this: My MSU application essay

In response to “a description of your work ethic and accomplishments that illustrate that ethic”:

How the MSU admission officers knew I had a Work Ethic, I really am not sure. Until now, I thought I had done a pretty good job hiding it. If you had asked my mom about my work ethic, she would tell you I didn’t have one. (That is because I have kept it in the basement all this time with my other pet Diligence. I used to have a pet Organization but it has since died.) I have quite an intimate bond with my work ethic. Once I got kicked out of the house for practicing the piccolo too much in preparation for Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. I was overwhelmed in the fact that my family wasn’t supporting me in my fervent endeavor when my work ethic crawled into my lap, licked my nose, and consequently encouraged me to continue my efforts. Oh what a work ethic can do!
The only person to who has ever known about my work ethic was my best friend, Procrastination, who caught me once trying to feed my work ethic. From then on, Procrastination would not leave me alone (or my work ethic for that matter). It seemed that every time I tried to play with my work ethic, Procrastination interfered. I kicked procrastination out of our house several times, but she always found her way back in through some nook or cranny.
It was at this point that I realized that Procrastination was not a true friend. I have since become friends with a fascinating young girl named Success. Together, my pets Diligence, work ethic, and my friend Success and I have grown to enormous heights. I could not live my life without them.

Note: Due to my overwhelming bond with Diligence, work ethic, and Success, I have requested that the MSU admission officers admit them as well. (No, I refuse to attend MSU without them.)

1 comment:

  1. This is such fun. I am sure that whoever read it at MSU got a chuckle out of it.

    And shame on whoever kicked you out of the house when you were practicing the piccolo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete