Sunday, May 3, 2009

Introduction

I have been debating for some time whether to form a blog. I recall Weston’s comment that it’s pointless for people to make blogs because no one really gives a dang. I found it humorous and likely true. I had considered taking a poll on facebook as to whether people would be interested and who would take the time to view it. However, in my Business Communications 320 class, it is an assignment; so I am grateful that I have finally been compelled and for the opportunity to do this.

My mind is (not so) constantly reeling with thoughts and I rarely write them down (and never publicize them). My professor posed the question, “Why do you not write?” to our class. One kid answered (sorry if this is you!), “…because I have nothing to write about”. That made me so sad. What goes on in your head? I have tonz of things to say! I answered, “…because I don’t have time” (A). I recall a moment this last fall semester when my mind started taking off (B), and I so desperately wanted to sit there and think, and even write! But I had so much HW to do, I told myself no.

Before I start writing, I have to give a few explanations:

When I was working for the DOE (NYC Department of Education; I am writing this blog for a mass market of people, so I apologize. Some things I will explain, some I won’t), I discovered a pattern in my thoughts. (Being the gov’t (C), I had way too much free time.) I’d go through a similar cycle every day. Much of the philosophies were repetitive. So each day, my mental process started over. I started writing down my thoughts on paper, in no order whatsoever, save in groups i.e. To Do Today, Goals, Thoughts, Lyrics I Like, etc. As soon as I did this, my thoughts started to make progress! Where I would think up something extraordinary, make a mental note to remember, and forget it by the time I walked out the doors; I started to piece all these random blips together, and my life started to make sense! I guess where I’m going with this, is that thoughts fly by; they come and go. And they are only worth something if you can capture them and make something out of them.

I am an extreme fundamentalist. If that’s not a word, I am coining it. I am interested in subjects that study the absolute basics: philosophy, physics, math. It’s how I mentally comprehend things too; I have to break them down into their most basic form.

Those letters? [(C)]. When my mind branches off, and I want to talk about something, but for the sake of actually finishing topics, I’ll write an entire article later. They’re to come back to! :)

I’m going to (at least) start off different than Justin’s (once again, for those who don’t know who he is, remember, I’m writing to a vast audience). I’m going to attempt to relate all of my topics at first, rather than start discussing random topics, mostly to establish things I’m going to refer back to again and again. You’ll see. ;D. So followers are going to want to read these in sequential order.

Wow! I sound like a frickin’ robot! Sorry, I guess that’s the way fundamentalist Shaunee rolls! After all, I am an economist!

2 comments:

  1. Absolute basics, huh?

    Take time to roll in the beauties of the other side of your brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be an extreme fundamentalist~! Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete